Friday, July 26, 2013

Nearly Complete!

My Regency drawstring dress is nearly complete! I haven't done the skirt hem yet, but I had to try it on. I really like this style, though I do need to make the sleeves a little bit bigger as they're tight on my arms. It was a nearly impossible workout to get the dress off! My husband, who was helping, just mumbled that I should put in a zipper up the back. I, of course, looked at him in horror and cried, "No!" haha!

Here are some pictures: (And please forgive the ridiculous sideways pictures. Blogger is being stupid about unrotating my pictures again!)



This is the drawstring that gathers the front bodice.
I also opted to put all the back skirt gathers between the side back seams.
I think it's one of those cool fashion details from the Regency.
I found myself in Gettysburg yesterday, so I stopped at the fabric shop (as always!) and picked up a lovely window pane sheer cotton for an apron and an embroidered cotton for a 2-piece bonnet, along with a packet of 1790-1820 bonnet patterns. Hooray!

I was excited to find some websites about making Regency bonnets:
How to Make a Regency Era Bonnet
A Quick Regency Poke Bonnet
Hats by Leko
Trimming a Regency Bonnet by Jennifer
Regency Hats & Bonnets
How to Make a Regency Bonnet
A Regency Poke Bonnet in 10 Steps

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, it's so lovely!!! It's turned out really well, and suits you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you can rock this style! You look so natural in the regency era. I totally love how your dress is coming out and that fabric is so great.

    I had similar problems wiggling in and out of my regency drawstring gowns. You can add a center back opening to it which helps a lot with making it easier to get in and out! It pushes that date of the dress forward a bit, but not much.

    Sideways or not, the pics are wonderful. I love this dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing your feedback!