Sunday, May 31, 2015

Upcoming WWII Events


I've never been to any WWII events, ever. Considering my passion and love for the time period, that doesn't really make sense, does it?? I decided to do a search to find out if there were any events coming up, and there's one this weekend in Reading, PA! I really hope we get to go, because what fun!
There was quite a bit of info for other events that I found:

Mid-Atlantic Air Museum's 25th Annual WWII Weekend (Reading, PA)

Williamsport, MD WWII Weekend (not sure of the date yet)

WWII Weekend at the Eisenhower National Historic Site, PA

Military Vehicle Preservation Association events - this site has events listed all around the country! One event looks cool - a military convoy from Washington D.C. to San Diego, CA!

WWII Weekend in Frederick, MD

National Electronics Museum, MD is co-hosting Warfront to Homefront: World War II in Maryland. It is a coalition of 70 museums and civic organizations commemorating the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII in August 2015. This looks like some pretty exciting stuff! You can check our their Facebook page here.

It looks like there are lots of fun events coming up! I'd forgotten that the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII is coming up in August. Check your local museums for WWII events happening in your neighborhood!

(And don't forget all the other fun historical anniversaries going on or coming up soon! Check out my previous post about them here!)

3 comments:

  1. I went to the WWII event at the MAAM last year for the first time. ( you can see pics on my blog) Friends had been telling me for years this is must attend event. There is a reason it is a three day event, there is so much to see and do! I'm excited to be going again this year!
    -Emily
    Emily's Vintage Visions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for letting me know! My husband and I were debating about it, but I'll have to mention to him it's THE one to go to! I'm excited to finally get to a WWII event and Reading isn't too far from us. How fun!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I can't believe there are so many! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing your feedback!